Social Responsibility @NHSCU working with our NHS communities.
Improving the financial health of our members through caring about their Happiness and wellbeing.
NHSCU Credit Union is committed to ensuring our members have access to our fair and ethical financial products:
- We operate an open-membership criteria for everyone working in the NHS and their families, across our common bond from Shetland to Sheffield.
- Our lending policies provide access on an inclusive basis.
We ensure members have access to the information they need to make the best choices for their financial lives:
- We will work with NHS Health Boards to ensure that members across our communities are aware of their entitlements.
- We will donate to NHS charities within our common bond through the Robert Rae Charitable Foundation, giving back to the NHS and its services.
Caring about individuals also extends to caring about the people we work alongside, the people who make NHS Credit Union successful.
- We are a committed Living Wage Employer
- We ensure that organisations we work with also pay their staff Living Wage.
- We support our staff in their development to reach their full potential.
- We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
Caring about individual members and their happiness is more than just focussing on their financial lives. An individual’s happiness derives from their wider life within their community and the environment that they live in.
Social responsibility also extends to climate change, and we redress our impact on the environment through our ongoing business practices:
- We automatically opt all new members registered for online services out of receiving paper free statements.
- We provide recycling facilities encouraging all staff to recycle widely.
- We are committed to reducing paper production with the introduction of new technologies and systems, while shredding and recycling all paper currently produced.