Cookies help website users perform certain functions. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website.
If you wish, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Tel: 0141 445 0022 Fax: 0141 440 2294 Email: email@example.com
Please take the time to read the ‘Important Information’ ‘Membership Terms and Conditions’ and ‘Proof of Identity and Address’ sections which follows. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and accept this information prior to completing the application form.
‘NHS Credit Union’ is the trading name of NHS (Scotland & North England) Credit Union Ltd
On the successful receipt and process of your application, a welcome letter will be posted on to you which will include your member number. Please keep your member number in a safe place for future reference as you will require it to access your account. If you require any assistance in the completion of this application form or if you have any queries regarding any aspect of the NHS Credit Union please give us a call on 0141 445 0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Credit Union Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our registration number is FRN 213898. Details appear on the FSA Register.
Under current legislation, members have the right to cancel their membership with the Credit Union, without penalty within fourteen days of their membership application being processed. However, membership of the Credit Union is voluntary and your account can be closed at any time, providing no debts are outstanding. To cancel your membership, please contact the Credit Union office.
Members agree to be sent information about the Credit Union, its products, services, promotions and developments as well as account statements.
The Credit Union is committed to the provision of service of the highest quality to its members. In the event however, that a member is dissatisfied with any aspect of this service, the Credit Union will endeavour to resolve any complaint as effectively and efficiently as possible. Members will be issued with further information on joining. In addition the Credit Union is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, an organisation which has been set up by law to help settle individual disputes between consumers and financial firms.
The Credit Union is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This scheme provides a safety net if a bank, building society or Credit Union should fail. Further information on the scheme can be obtained from the Credit Union office.
PROOF OF IDENTITY AND ADDRESS
Under money laundering regulations, we are required to verify the identity and address of all new members before we can accept your application.
To do this, we will make an online electronic check. This process involves checking the details you supply against those held on a number of specific databases which Call Credit – the credit reference agency used by the Credit Union for the check – has access to.
A record of this process will be kept that may be used to help other companies to verify your identity.
We may also pass information to organisations involved in fraud prevention to protect ourselves and our members from theft and fraud. If you supply false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this and share this information with other organisations.
We may also, if necessary, ask you to send us documents to confirm your identity and address.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONs
- A Share Account may be opened by completing a Membership Application Form and by providing appropriate identification documents where the Credit Union is unable to electronically verify through internal procedures
- You must maintain a minimum balance of £5 to retain membership
- Members with outstanding loans may only withdraw shares if their value exceeds their loan balance and the amount they withdraw will be limited to the surplus of shares over loan, e.g. a member with an outstanding loan of £100 and a share balance of £150 may withdraw up to £50
- The minimum savings requirement for members is £5 per month
- All deposits for the repayment of loans will be deposited to your Share Account 1 and transferred to your loan on the due date
- An Annual Dividend may be paid, gross of tax, on all sums deposited, subject to surplus. Divided rates will be decided at the AGM.
- A charge of £3 (new member fee) will be applied to the first payment recieved from you.